Sited within a leafy upmarket housing estate, it sits on a 1200 m2 linear plot of land that was originally part of a larger estate before sub-division. The house is hence hidden away from the main road and approached via a short access road that is shared by the immediate neighbour.
Timber was the main material used in this architectural piece. The full height screened facades creates a sense of porosity and ideas of vernacularism is explored here. Against the warm language of timber, the landscape was designed to be simple accentuating the strength and materiality of the natural wood. The surrounding water forms a poetic dialogue between the house and its environment.